Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pure Randomness

I have a variety of random pictures that just don't seem to fit any other particular post, so here you are.
Obviously this is a little bit older  - this appears to be a newly shaved head. My son has a few quirky habits that are worthy of mention. This one, for instance. We've always used a spray bottle for disciplining Buddy. Most of the time just the sound of it being shaken is enough to remind Buddy to behave. Matt loves the spray bottle, but not for discipline. He likes to be sprayed in the mouth. He thinks it's hilarious. Now he'll randomly find it and start sucking on the nozzle when he's thirsty. Strange child of mine!  (...yes, I do always have a drink available for him, so it's not that he's being neglected)
He loves our phones, but has also taken to talking into pretty much anything. He'll chat with the remote, the a toy, a suncreen bottle. Doesn't matter. However, if he can get his hands on a phone, you're doomed to never get it back.
Why is this automatically the first thing a child does when introduced to a funnel? Lol! Cracked me up!
Chillaxin by the pool! I think he must have been pretty tuckered out, because he won't usually sit still that long.
I decided to attempt a  SuperMom activity - playdough. The dough turned out great! It only held his attention for about 20 minutes, so I'm not sure I can call it a success.  Oh well. Maybe next time.
Grandpa & Grandma gave him a set of blocks when they came to visit. He got to play blocks with his cousins the month before and seemed to really like them, so we knew they'd be a hit. :)

Look who I found hiding in the corner! Apparently he couldn't wait for dinner.
He's inherited his love of olives from my side of the family. :)
His first-ever ride in a shopping cart car! I'm telling you, if I could afford to shop at a store just because they have these silly things, I would! It kept him happy through the entire trip (which was significantly passed his bedtime because we'd been out with friends). I hope whoever invented these has LOTS of money.
Lastly, to all of you have have toddlers, I highly recommend Puddle Jumpers. Matt took swimming lessons this summer, but is still too young to be very independent in the pool. This little contraption has been wonderful, though. He always has a parent within an arm's length, but he is able to roam around a little independently. His confidence has gone through the roof! It's allowed us to turn 15 minutes of contentment to over an hour of happiness at the pool. Wahoo!

1 comment:

Thiago & Teri said...

Loved this post. I totally love random. Quite a few things make me smile. FIrst, I totally remember drinking out of spray bottles when I was little, for some reason this used to make my mom really mad. Silly lady. Love the olives on his fingers, too cute!! He really looks so much older to me in this pictures, getting so big. Looking less like a baby and more like a little boy. Kinda bittersweet huh.