I flew out on October 17th to visit my sister and her family. I was SO excited. Flew into San Diego - WoW! Love it there!!! The temp was wonderful and the view spectacular.
This is where we stopped for lunch after I landed. There were birds flying around inside the restaurant. We walked along the harbor a bit, too (see the picture above).
Birds of paradise are one of my sister's favorite flowers.
Meet Spaz. No she's not being choked, Toni is holding her still cause all my pictures were turning out blurry...quick racoons! Spaz is adventurous and likes to get out and explore.
Meet Fatty...need I say more? She's over 40 pounds. She's much more shy than her sister.
When we took the boys to school in the morning, I got to see what my nephews call "zombie fog". The shortest route to school is through an old naval yard, so it made it even creepier.
Yes, I went to Disneyland for the first time. My favorite was the Haunted Mansion. They had spiced it up for Halloween - themed around the Nightmare Before Christmas. Amazing!
My sister and I shared a teacup because she thought the boys would be to wild. She couldn't walk straight after the ride was over - I outspun the boys. We had to have the teacup that was pink with hearts - Toni's obsession!
We went on several rides, but this was one I wouldn't recommend. The bobsled ride was so rough! My butt was killing me!
After Disneyland, we feasted at a little Italian restaurant - Restorante Genovese. If you're ever in the neighborhood, it's FaBuLoUs! ...and not far from Disneyland.
The next day (21st) was time to go home. Before heading to the airport, we stopped in Old San Diego for lunch at the Cafe Coyote - the best homemade Mexican food! The lady in the yellow shirt w/ the apron was making homemade tortillas. People could walk up to her from the street to buy them. We dined in and, again, it was delicious! Highly recommend this joint!
1 comment:
I'm soooo impressed that YOU were in a picture!!! Yeah for Monica!! Ü
Post a Comment