Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A few highlights from our Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving in Arizona...BEAUTIFUL!!! We're talking high 70's and sunshine!
Rob's parents joined us for the festivites, so we actually got out and did a few things. One of the most exciting was The Phoenix Zoo. They have an event called Zoolights, so that's what we did after the feasting. No pics to share, but it was an AmAzInG show - over 3.5 million lights!
Black Friday was spent at the zoo, as well. Here are a few of the highlights:
We got to meet Jambo and each of us got to feed her. Nasty tongue! I think that was one of everyone's favorite moments of the whole weekend.
Matthew really liked the rhino!
A couple of baboons picking at bugs.
They do camel rides, but we opted not. This one's taking a little break.
Another really fun attraction is Monkey Village. You actually get to go into the squirrel monkeys' exhibit, so they're loose and running all around you. They have 14, so there's not a chance of missing out. Rob was about a foot away when he was shooting pics. They were a hoot!
All tuckered out!
We visited Harmony Farm (the petting zoo), but Matt wasn't really in the mood to tackle a goat. we thought this little guy was pretty funny, though.
Another highlight was a stop at the Mesa Temple. It's beautiful!
I can't tell you why they're cracking up, other than that it wasn't "Say Cheese!".
After 6 days with the grandbaby and walking miles in the fresh air, Grams & Gramps were pretty worn out. :)

3 comments:

Nosmelone said...

Little Matthew didn't look too sure about a giraffe tongue! Do they actually let you ride the camels? If so I'm going for sure.

The Carnahan's said...

I want to go! Looks like a lot of fun! That tongue is nasty, not sure if I would have had the guts. Yours looks much nicer :) Glad your parents could come visit! I'm jealous of your fabulous winter, lucky girl!

Kenzie said...

SO fun!!! You wore them right out!! But Arizona seems to be treating you well!!!