
When I teach New Employee Orientation, I explain to the newbies what a cooperative is. In my last class, there was a lady who started raving about a co-op called Bountiful Baskets. I decided to check it out, signing up that very day. I wasn't able to participate that week because they sell out SUPER FAST. However, I was home with my back problem this week and signed up as soon as it opened. You may wonder what the heck I'm talking about...well, let me tell you.
You get online and sign up to purchase a basket full of produce. It's $15 plus a $1.50 handling fee. You show up at a local pickup spot with something to carry your produce home in. When you go in, they have the produce divided into laundry baskets. You transfer the produce into whatever you brought to carry it home in, and that's it!
This week, my $16.50 bought me 2 heads of butter lettuce, 2 celery, 3 bags of radishes, 4 cucumbers, 1 bag of apples, 1 acorn squash, 1 cabbage, 2 things of asparagus, 1 carton of strawberries, 1 carton of blueberries, 6 kiwis and 8 bananas!
You can also pay a little extra and get whole grain bread, tortillas, etc., but those were sold out already when I got to that part. :(
WHAT A DEAL!!!
3 comments:
One of my friends told me about this a couple of weeks ago. I really just need to get on and do it. You really do save a TON of money!
I want to do it! You should pass that info along friend :)
You are so hip! Look at you getting in on the deals! I would have to live closer so I could give you all the vegi's I don't like...heehee!
Post a Comment