Saturday, September 12, 2009

The jury is still out...

I checked out a new TV show this week called The Vampire Diaries. I won't say I was amazed or consumed by it, but it's peaked my interest for the moment. I think they did a fair job on the casting...possibly some who'd be closer in my mind to the Twilight characters...

How about this for Edward? Paul Wesley - maybe not the one in my head, but better than the other in my opinion.

Here he is again on the left, Nina Dobrey in the center (could pass as Bella), and Ian Somerhalder on the right (don't know who he'd play, but he's not bad, either).

This show is based on it's own book series, but really does seem Twilightesque. Paul plays "Stefan" who is a non-human-eating vampire. Nina plays "Elena" who is the main character (human) and Stefan's love interest (and yes, she trips and falls in the very first episode...that's Bella isn't it?). Ian plays "Damon", Stefan's bad vamp brother.

If you're interested, check it out on the CW (my channel 30), Thursday night at 7:00.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I picked up book 1 of this series and wasn't all that impressed by it so never read anymore. I hope that the TV series is better than the books. and He would really make a better Edward then the current one and a better bella too!

The Carnahan's said...

Ok, so I just watched the 2nd episode and think it does have a lot of potential. I am a little confused of what's going on since I missed the first one, but I think it'll make more sense as I get to know the characters!