This semester has been pretty crazy for Rob...between work, school and clinicals I see him about 3 nights each week (and that's only once I get home).
As far as my time is concerned, I've picked up a few hobbies - one being the art of card-making. For Christmas, Rob & I gave JoAnn the tuition for the 2 of us to attend a card-making at Roberts Crafts. In the class, we learned how to make these cards:
This particular card introduced us to watercolor pencils, the Xyron, and use of everyday items (there is a used dryer sheet on the face of the card).
This was JoAnn's favorite card! I'm sure nobody could have guessed that the woman from Holland loves tulips...We learned how to ink edges and use "pop-dots" (foam squares that allow you to create a 3D effect).

This was my favorite card (yes, primarily because it has so much green in it). We learned how to use embossing powder with a heat gun (lookout Rob, Mony's going for the power tools, now!). This was a complicated card because of the folding involved. Fun, though!
JoAnn and I both received Cricut Expressions as our main Christmas gifts. We gave each other tuition for the Beginning Cricut Class - a 4-week class. The class was tons of fun! We made little counting books, learning the essentials for using our new machines as we went. I will take pictures of my counting book and post them another time.
Then for my birthday, I was given a Cuttlebug (amongst several other fun crafty items). This only added to the excitement of my new hobby. JoAnn & I have taken another class down at Roberts called "Savy Stamping". It's taught by Sue Neal from PaperCraft Magazine. She's awesome. I have a few finishing touches to make to the cards we made that night, but once their done I'll add them to the blog, too.
We decided that we'd get together once a month to work on our projects - JoAnn her scrapbook, me my cards. Tonight was the first of those sessions. Here is the outcome of my efforts (I have some birthdays coming up):


Anyway, I'm sure this isn't the most exciting posting, but this is a large part of what has been occupying my time lately. I promise to be more diligent in my blogging.



5 comments:
Oh my heck! How cute are those!! I want to learn, that looks like fun. You are so creative!! It was good seein ya the other night!! Good job on updating!
Hey Mon- Good to know that at least 1 of you is alive! I love making cards and you are doing such a great job. I am jealous that you have the expression! I have the regular cricut and I want the bigger one. All is due time though. I just went to the scrapbook expo on Saturday and got some killer stuff for scrapbooking and cardmaking. You should come over sometime.
You are so productive Mon! Haha those look fun... my mom does them alot too. + points for posting you little slacker :) It was good seeing you the other day!
Hey Mon! It's been ages! I found your blog on Kami's and thought I'd say Hi! Fun to see what you're up to. You'll have to check mine out.
I love your cards. We should get together sometime and and do crafts. Let me know.
Post a Comment