Well, after a few nice days away from hectic daily life, once again I am back to the grind. Buddy was kind enough to help out with the siding project. He was intent on guarding the shade from the saw horses and the miter saw. I think he wanted to ensure that no one else would join in the fun of finishing up the trim for the siding project.Every year, since I was 4 years old, with the exception of when I was on my mission, my Dad and I have gone to "Father's and Son's". This was initiated by my parents Stake. As years of late, due to our hectic adult schedules, we have simply picked a convenient time for both of us and we go by ourselves.
We enjoy the beautiful scenery, and wildlife. We talk about, and do all sorts of different things that only two guys would enjoy. These topics can range from life experiences to funny stories, car talk, dreams and goals, and lies about last year's fishing results. I am always completely honest.... This year I caught the first, my dad caught the biggest, and it was a draw for the most. I won that title the first day, but it was close the second day. This trip also allows us to eat those things our wives prefer us not to.The weather was beautiful. Typically due to the high altitude, it is not uncommon to experience brief, yet severe thunderstorms in the afternoon. This year was the exception. We had perfect weather the entire trip. We got up at different times each day, but on Monday morning, when I got up it was 48 degrees and steam was coming off the lake. On Wednesday morning it was 42 degrees when we left at 0800. A hoodie felt great, I am glad I thought to take it.
It was yet another successful trip. However, we failed to see any big game this trip. Typically going in, or coming out, we see deer, or an occasional moose. Our biggest wildlife experience was a visit from some grateful chipmunks and squirrels, oh and a few ducks. The ducks were entertaining to watch as they gobbled up distracted dragon flies in reeds near the shore. I cast my line into the ducks once and scattered them quite effectively. I cleaned out the trailer of some canned food dated 03/03. When I opened the re fried beans, there was a "pop" that startled me. I can only imagine the "pops" they would've created had we tried to eat them.... If there are any reports of exploding chipmunks, I know nothing about it. Perhaps their wives will be upset with them for their menu....
We had a great time. As a tradition, as we pull away from the campsite we start planning next year's excursion. We always swear we are going to make it up more than one time next year. So far, we haven't made it, maybe next year.






1 comment:
You guys take AMAZING pictures. What kind of camera do you use? I loved this post. It seems like forever since I've talked to you but I'm sure we'll get caught up!
Post a Comment